Monday, July 30, 2007

The Biggest Loser

I had the pleasure the other evening to catch the latest episode of "The Biggest Loser". The show was pretty interesting like how the contestants were suspended from air like 20 feet up and peddling like mad on bicycles. Contestants were crying due to fear of height, and images of them working out like animals.

The point I want to raise is that one of the contestants didn't have a weight change. His weight stayed exactly the same way. He worked out like crazy. They said he was in the gym multiple times. What happened is that they are only looking for weight changes. Now this guy prolly didn't lose any "weight", but he gained muscle. I think in order to make the game fair they should have male and female separate competitions. They should weigh each person and then do bodyfat composition testing. I feel as though this guy didn't lose any weight he probably lost bodyfat and increased his lean muscle mass in the process. Many fitness people know that mucles weighs more than fat.

I just feel that the game requirements need to be changed to ensure that the biggest loser, is the Biggest Bodyfat Loser, versus the Biggest Weight Loser. That would only make sense and would be fair to all the contestants.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I can't place it... but there's a bitter taste in my mouth. ;)

    ReplyDelete