Monday, July 30, 2007

FYI Compiz Fusion & NVIDIA Graphics Cards

I have hunted the Internet and scoured the forums for assistance with Compiz Fusion with an NVIDIA Graphics Card for my HP DV2120. I think I have figured it all out. I have posted similiar information in the Ubuntu Forums, which is an awesome place for information. Here's the link to my post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=513639

This thread presents some good information on updating the NVIDIA-XCONFIG as well as setting options in the XORG.CONF. After making these changes and installing the latest NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA, I have been able to access all of that great eye candy that I've seen being used by other Ubuntu users.

Good Luck in your quest for the 3D Cube. Mine spins, twists and turns. I wonder what they'll design next.

No comments:

Post a Comment